- USA Passport Books (and cards if desired).
- Volunteer Voyages needs a copy of your passport along with your registration to include the passport #.
- Additional form of identification, i.e.; Driver’s License.
- Updated copy of Vaccination Records.
- Travel Visa (in particular countries, specified in project descriptions)
ITEMS TO PACK
Here are a few of the things you won’t want to forget to bring along:
- Insect repellent (30% DEET is best in jungle areas)
- A hat – I know, you don’t like what it does to your hair – but a sunburn is worse!
- Comfortable shoes
- Clothes you won’t mind getting dirty in
- Medical Supplies – These can be expensive elsewhere, so it is important to bring one’s own. Make sure to include anti-diarrheal, antimalarials and basic over-the-counter aides.
- Breathable Clothing – Wear clothing that is not too thick, and that you wouldn’t mind sweating in.
- A flexible attitude – you’ll hear that a lot on this trip! Developing countries are an adventure in themselves!