Our 2019 line-up is filled with an incredible projects around the globe! Please sign up ASAP to be a part of one of these trips. We need your hands, hearts, and spirits to make each of these trips possible!
Paro-Paro Village, Sacred Valley, PERU
- March 16-30th, 2019
- Reforestation along the Inca Trail combined with teaching about simple, inexpensive solar stove construction to prevent additional deforestation. This village lies at 13,000ft and the views are untouchable. This Peruvian village will touch your heart forever as they welcome us back into their homes and into their lives. After our volunteer work, let’s follow it with a week of exploring Cusco and the Sacred Valley of the Incas – Including Machu Picchu, of course!
Santo Domingo, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC & Iquitos, PERU
- May 15-29th, 2019
- We have another “Dual-Destination Project”! Several Tribes along the Amazon River in Peru have asked us to help them learn to process the wild cacao that grows in the jungle near their villages into high-quality cocoa beans that they can sell. Since we don’t expect that very many of our volunteers will be experts in chocolate processing and production, we’ve decided to give you all a little boost, first. We’ll first travel to Santo Domingo, in the Dominican Republic and spend several days there, working in a chocolate factory and learning all that we can about the various steps in the lengthy process from the tree to the bar. Then we’ll fly to Iquitos, Peru, along the Amazon River to share our newfound knowledge with the tribes. That’s when the really exciting part of this project begins…
- June 1- 15th, 2019
- We will be traveling to this area to assist some of the devastated areas that lost so much in the 2012 Tsunami. Previous projects in this region were so incredibly rewarding by just allowing these people to tell their stories! We will be traveling to the same regions and slowly establishing relationships with villagers and we will be offering a helping hand in any way that we can while we are there. The incredibly rich history in Japan is beyond captivating and we will be sure to take in as much as we can as tourists as well!
- July 21- August 3rd, 2019
- We are headed to Africa! Volunteer Voyages is so excited to make it to a new region of the world that has reached out to us for help. Ethiopia has one of the fastest growing economies in the world but remains one of the poorest countries in the world. We’ve been asked to help a community find an alternative method of cooking and heating. We are working with a group of mechanical engineering students at a local university to design a simple and efficient stove that we can have built in the nearby city of Dessie and brought to the village. This will assist the community to develop a business, selling, installing, and maintaining the stoves (complete with a chimney to remove the smoke) in an ever-widening radius of households! In addition to our volunteer work, we will be spending a week participating in an African Safari! We will be exploring ruins from centuries ago, too.
- August 10- 24th, 2019
- Teaching impoverished families to build water filters will help them to gain access to clean water for drinking and cooking to remain healthy. Helping them to construct solar stoves from cardboard boxes and aluminum foil will save them money and is good for the environment. Then spending a week in southern Thailand with its warm beaches and incredible islands. Wonderful opportunity plus you will get to mark of Thailand from your Bucket List!!
- September 14- 28th, 2019
- Working with tribes that live along the Amazon River! Every trip that Volunteer Voyages has taken to these regions has been so different than the last because the tribes request different projects every time. This magical place is so difficult to describe and the villagers that we work with are such a special people. From construction to mosquito net sewing to tourism development… we do it all in this area! Don’t miss your opportunity to join us in the Amazon!
- October 12- 26th, 2019
- Teaching youngsters in grade schools about the dangers of nicotine use and how and why to avoid it is a very worthwhile and well received project that we have done in the past and have been asked to repeat this year. At the same time and for the following week we will be exploring thousands of years of history, culture and tradition in this complex and intriguing country, finally viewing the incomparable Taj Mahal, up close and personal.