Skip to content
- July 13- 27th, 2018
- TOTAL COST: $2335.00 (USD) + Airfare
- $500 deposit due ASAP to hold your spot on the trip.
- Remaining $1835.00 due by June 22, 2018 or full payment if no deposit.
- VOLUNTEER WEEK: Despite being very close to a number of extremely popular tourist areas, the people of Satun are not generally considered wealthy. In fact, they are in one of the poorest areas in Thailand. We’ll be helping them to gain access to clean water by teaching them to build water filters for each family that will provide up to 15 gallons (60 liters) of safe water for drinking and cooking each day. They also are eager to learn from us how to construct solar stoves from cardboard boxes and aluminum foil. They’ll be eager to be able to cook a meal without having to breathe the smoke from the cooking fire, which is a huge public and personal health hazard. We’ll teach you how to build them first, of course, and then you can share your new knowledge with them.
- TOURIST WEEK: A week in southern Thailand will be very easy to tolerate. Let’s see… beaches – check, sun – check, boats – check, tropical fruits – check, Thai food – check, exciting nightlife – check, low key & relaxed lifestyle – check. In short, it’s all there… but, we won’t stop with that. We’ll make sure – if we can pry you off the beach long enough – that we show you the sights that most reflect the history and culture of this ancient civilization of Siam. You’re really going to enjoy this week, and so will we.