Skip to content
- April 20- May 6th, 2018
- TOTAL COST: $3586.00 (USD) + Airfare
- $500 deposit due ASAP to hold your spot on the trip.
- Remaining $3086.00 due by March 30, 2018 or full payment if no deposit.
- VOLUNTEER WEEK: On the southern coast of the Dominican Republic, near the border with Haiti, lies one of the most beautiful beaches of the island. Beautiful white sand is perfectly accented by the rich blue of the Caribbean Sea. The lush tropical forest stops just short of the beach and offers plenty of room for habitat for the birds and animals that populate the area. Sound like a paradise? It is. But it’s also very isolated. The human population there may have the best views and access to tropical fruit on the island but they also have the most difficulty in gaining services, such as health and dental care. We will be offering assistance in those disciplines during our first week on the island. We’ll partner with some local providers who would like to work with us, and we’ll give them top-notch service. We need volunteers that are trained in working in medical and dental offices for this one. Don’t have medical or dental training? No worries! We also need folks who can help us with care coordination and patient flow. And I’m sure that the local folks will have a long list of non-clinical issues that they need help with, even on short notice. Oh, and dentists, we’re not fans of extracting teeth unless it’s absolutely necessary. That’s why we have at least one portable dental unit that will allow us to do restorative work. We’re looking into getting more units, too.
- TOURIST WEEK: Aahhh, spending a week on a Caribbean island… what could top that? Well, the first week just topped it, but we’ll make sure you enjoy this part, too. Since the Dominican Republic has such a rich cultural and colonial heritage we’ll immerse ourselves in it – between times that we spend lounging on the beach. We’ll try not to venture very far on any day but we do want you to see and learn what you’d like, and also to rest as much as you like since the first week will be busy. And, if there’s something you are particularly interested in but it’s not on our agenda… we’ll do our best to help you get there. Occasionally a small additional fee may be required.