Skip to content
- Feb 6-20th, 2019
- TOTAL COST: $2800 (USD) + Airfare
- $500 deposit due ASAP to hold your spot on the trip.
- Remaining $2300.00 (USD) due by January 16, 2019 or full payment if no deposit.
- VOLUNTEER WEEK: We will be traveling first to East Timor-Leste to assist a small community in building water filters for their families. Clean drinking water is a challenge on this island and we are excited to assist this community! We believe that access to clean water will solve many health issues as well. East Timor (also known as, Timor-Leste) is about halfway between Indonesia and Australia, and makes up the eastern half of a good-sized island. It’s only been a country for 16 years now, and they are still trying to put everything together in terms of their government and their economy. Meanwhile, many people are struggling with horrible poverty and they need our help. We also plan to teach them how to build solar stoves. That’s an easy project that will provide them with an inexpensive way to cook their meals without having to buy fuel or breathe smoke from a fire.
- We will then hop on a flight to Bali, Indonesia…. let’s spend Valentine’s Day in Bali! Here we will be partnering with a local organization for their annual beach cleanup! We need your hands and hearts to share our love for these villages. This local organization gathered 12,000 people across 55 locations to clean up 40 tons of trash in Bali last year! Ocean and beach pollution is a major problem in this area and we want to help! Do you? We are looking forward to having you join us on this trip – we are sure that it will be the first of many projects here.
- TOURIST WEEK: After cleaning up the beaches in Bali, let’s go enjoy them! The island of Bali is known for its forested volcanic mountains, iconic rice paddies, beaches and coral reefs. We can visit various religious sites (cliffside Uluwatu Temple) or the beachside city of Kuta that is known for their lively bars and nightlife! Seminyak, Sanur and Nusa Dua are popular resort towns that should not be missed and of course Bali is known for its yoga and meditation retreats. There are many monuments and museums in the area that we will have the opportunity to see as well! The possibilities are endless!