Skip to content
- Aug 17- 31st, 2018
- TOTAL COST: $2285.00 (USD) + Airfare
- $500 deposit due ASAP to hold your spot on the trip.
- Remaining $1785.00 due by July 27, 2018 or full payment if no deposit.
- VOLUNTEER WEEK: Nicotine is a highly addictive substance that is used in many forms by people throughout the world. It has many effects on the human body, the vast majority of which are extremely toxic. Unfortunately, in some populations the risks of nicotine use are not well understood by some of the most susceptible individuals – children. In the past, we have been asked to provide information about nicotine risks – in all of its forms – to school children in Dharwad, India. It was a highly effective program and we have been asked to repeat it this year. Dharwad is a city of about a million people that lies halfway between Mumbai and Bengaluru in the state of Karnataka. That’s roughly on the same latitude with the state of Goa if you’re looking on a map. We’ll provide our program for the kids that week but we’ll take a day off to see some fascinating historical sights nearby (the caves at Badami and the ancient temples of Patadakal) and walk on 2000 year old cobblestones, while we’re in the neighborhood.
- TOURIST WEEK: When our work in Dharwad is completed we’ll fly to Delhi for an extremely memorable week. We’ll be touring a variety of temples and forts in the new and old parts of the city, such as Qutb Minar and the Red Fort, and we’ll even venture into some spice and fabric markets in Old Delhi. We won’t be going home, though, before we go to Agra to see the Red Fort (yes, another one) and other monuments to learn about the fascinating history that extends thousands of years into the past. Perhaps we can visit the Taj Mahal at dawn to see an utterly magical transformation as early daylight plays across the sparkling white marble. It’s enough to transform your life, too. And the food throughout India – well, plan on gaining a little weight, it’s that good.